CATCH 22: RCMP VISIT BRAD LOVE THREE TIMES IN ONE WEEK, BUT COURT SAYS HE CAN’T TALK TO THEM
On Monday, August 24, I received an urgent call from former political prisoner Brad Love (under Canada’s “hate law” he’d received 18 months in prison for writing non-violent letters to politicians)
Brad was in a Catch 22 situation: damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
Brad Love in Fort McMurray
He’d arrived home from work in Fort McMurray that afternoon and found a business card from the RCMP. He informed his advisors at CAFE, lest he be arrested, passed the word to several others and went out to dinner with a friend.
Why, you might ask, did he not take the card and call the cop back? Well, he’s under a probation order from Ontario Judge Kelly Wright forbidding him from contacting or expressing his views to police, media or political groups. [Yes, that Orwellian order was imposed, not in communist North Korea or in some African despotism, but in an Ontario court that gurgles on about Trudeau’s Charter of [very limited] Rights and Freedoms.
Specifically, Judge Wright’s July, 2012 order insisted: “Mr. Love is to refrain from any political speech or commentary to any media outlet, political, cultural or religious group or organization, or police organization.“
So, strictly speaking, Brad was not supposed to talk to the police. Were they trying to entrap him and send him back to jail. Fort McMurray sees regular killings among its newly acquired Somali community but the RCMP seem to spend an inordinate amount of time and manpower trailing, visiting and harassing the town’s most prominent dissident.
Brad continues the account. “On August 26 the RCMP attended my house for the third day in a row to finally toldl me that I’m being investigated for ‘writing to Ottawa officials.’
It takes two cops in two cars to do all this? And am I actually being ‘investigated’ or intimidated?
I asked them this. I also told them that I am under their own order as well as a Court order not to communicate with them and, as they had visited me three times to communicate with me, this constitutes a ‘conspiracy to impel an offender to breach bail/court orders’ and I would be subpoenaing them to my October 26 trial to let a judge hear of this.
They were not happy campers upon hearing this.
And the beat goes on.
Locally, I am dying to have answers to the following questions, yet dare not ask a single yellow-bellied politico or media sap any of them,
1. Besides Kuwaiti money being poured into it, is any public money being thrown at the local super mosque that’s being built?
2. How much did our Western Summer Games cost/lose?
3. What is the true price of our real estate collapse in Alberta?
4. Who dares to take on or even discuss all of those ‘Natives only’ hiring practices?
5. There are so many Somali shootings here, yet no media attention. Why?
6. Who calls for the media’s constant stream of multicult promotion or do they make it all up themselves?
7. How many millions of dollars are sucked out of my country by Temporary Foreign Workers sending money home to the Philippines, Jamaica, Africa, etc.?
8. And what do banks like the TD, RBC or Western Union make by facilitating such a drain?
9. What does our over-staffed $1.25 a ride whoosh transit company lose yearly?
10. How many local jobs have been lost due to the $43-a-barrel oil?
11. What do so many sickly recent immigrants and their large broods, whom I never see working, cost my local hospital, schools and welfare system?
12. There are many sports and entertainment facilities being built here that no one asked for. What are their final costs to the taxpayers? And how many people will actually use them? Beware of your government using your money to amuse you.
13. Why is the Food Bank here always empty?
14. Why does China or Chinese interests won 20% of Syncrude and all of Nexen, Husky Energy and Synopec? — Paul Fromm