|PENTICTON RALLY – EVERY SUNDAY This Sunday, Sept 25th – 1 to 3 p.m. Corner of Main and Warren, Penticton. Special Guest Speakers: Steve Jopson – Food storage and preparation Gina Albanese – Dealing with Trauma and Sustained Stress|
Important updates, open mike, cold drinks, bumper stickers, buttons, September druthers, lots of information and free hugs. Miss a week and you miss a lot. Bring friends. October 2nd – Local election updates, open mike – other speakers TBA October 9th – Thanksgiving weekend. Final before the local elections. Other speakers TBC October 16th Emergency Kit planning – Gina Albanese (DYI Basic Kit and Survival Kit samples, plus where you can buy the kits) Coming up when we know their dates: Sean Taylor, Joseph Roberts (publisher of Common Ground and the Pandemic Papers), Sibille Beyer, co-founder of Vernon’s Tots and Teens Club. Stayed tuned! ——————————- o0o————————————- Don’t Forget!! Municipal candidates Wayne Llewellynn and Lindsey Hall “town hall meeting” at the corner of Duncan and Main (corn truck location) – Friday, September 23 from 3 to 5 p.m. – A supply of appropriate signs will be provided by Wayne.
Reignite Freedom – Step #3 – REIGNITE MSM
The third step of the global walkout is to unsubscribe from all mainstream media outlets. Delete the apps from your phone, laptop and tablet and unfollow all of their social media and YouTube channels. Try to avoid mainstream media for at least one week, even if the headline is intriguing.
BELOW, YOU’LL FIND A PRINTOUT EXPLAINING WHY WE SHOULD BREAK UP WITH MAINSTREAM MEDIA. YOU CAN USE THESE POINTS AS A WAY TO START CONVERSATIONS WITH STRANGERS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WHY SHOULD WE CONSIDER CONSUMING LESS MAINSTREAM MEDIA?
Regardless of which side of politics you’re on, we all deserve access to unbiased news so we can make informed decisions based on facts. Some countries have tax-paid media outlets who seem to only broadcast one side of a story. If enough people stop consuming their content, they will be forced to consider changing their tactics and start doing legitimate investigative journalism again.
- What’s wrong with the way mainstream media is right now?
- How to spot a mainstream media outlet?
- What is the impact of consuming too much mainstream media?
- Did you know several journalists either quit or got fired recently for speaking out against the deterioration of their industry and the absence of the journalistic oath?
How to disconnect from mainstream media?
- Delete all mainstream media apps from your phone, tablet, laptop and computer. Unsubscribe from monthly payments if you are signed up for any.
- Be sure to also delete or hide the generic news app that come pre-installed on your phone and devices.
- Avoid clickbait as much as you can. We all know they create headings that are misleading. Don’t click on them.
Remember that Freedom Hugs are available at ALL our events!
Let’s make this week AMAZING!!
~ Mary Lou Gutscher