MONIKA SCHAEFER’S LETTER TO BORDER SERVICES RE: THEFT OF HER BOOKS
Here is the letter I sent to Ottawa.
P.O. Box 116
Jasper, Alberta T0E 1E0
2019 May 3
Canada Border Services Agency
171 Slater Street, 7th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8
RE: Seizure of personal books at Calgary YYC Airport on 2019/04/24
I was detained for three hours on the evening of April 24, while three border guards searched my possessions. They were allegedly looking for “hate propaganda”. Five books were taken from my possession. I consider this to be theft of personal property. The search and seizure was nothing short of personal harassment and an attempt at intimidation. I did not consent, and I do not consent. Consider the following:
• These books are available and/or for sale and are NOT banned.
• I did not write the books.
• My books were not in commercial quantities, and I was not selling them. I was carrying single books (one each) for my personal consumption.
• It is nobody’s business except mine what books I choose to read. Or do we now have thought laws?
• Is there a list of forbidden books in Canada? If so, are these books on this list? Where is this list? Why could the three border guards harassing me for three hours not find my books on any such “list”?
• By their actions in seizing these books, the border guards demonstrated an utter contempt for our most basic human right: the freedom to think.
The five books seized are the following:
⁃ Bungled: “Denying the Holocaust” by Germar Rudolf
⁃ The Commission by Richard Barrett
⁃ The Great Impersonation – The Mask of Edom by Pastor Eli James
⁃ Mystery Babylon: New World Unveiled Vol 1 by Eli James & Clay Douglas
⁃ Government by Deception by Jan Lamprecht
The 3 guards were 12452: Masi; 30482: Nigh; and 35394: Lahaie
I insist that you send me back my books immediately, at your expense. I also insist on receiving a copy of your entire report in this file.